Tuesday 27 August 2013

Healthy Breakfast Idea #1

Good Morning Sunshines!
  
 
 
I find it really difficult to get the nutritional breakfast I need without having to get out my bed earlier! I stumbled across this recipe idea on Pinterest. Also, with basic breakfast foods such as cereal, I find my tummy growling at me by around 10 am. These mini frittatas keep me full until lunch! Which is ideal when you have a busy job.
 
Ingredients
- Oil or butter
- 8 large eggs
- ½ cup whole or skimmed milk
- Salt & pepper
- 4 slices of turkey, chopped
- 1/3 cup grated cheese, cheddar or goats cheese is amazing!
- 2 spring onions
- ½ green pepper
- 2 handfuls of spinach
Total time to prepare and cook: 22 minutes.
Directions
Preheat the oven to 190°C.
Coat each cup on a mini muffin tray with either oil or butter. Whisk the eggs, milk, pepper, and salt in a large bowl to blend well. Stir in the turkey, cheese, and veg. Fill prepared muffin cups almost to the top with the egg mixture. Bake until the egg mixture puffs and is just set in the centre, about 15-20 minutes. Use a spoon to gently release the frittatas form the tray and either eat immediately or you can leave them to cool, and then put them in the fridge for breakfast. I heat mine up by popping two in the toaster which gives them the loveliest texture. I like to prepare a batch of these on a Sunday night as they last until Friday, which is perfect for a speedy breakfast.
These bad boys are about 30 calories each, so no need to feel guilty!! : )

 

1 comment:

  1. These look so good! Thank goodness for Pinterest hah.
    I've nominated you for the Liebster award, details on my blog: http://missrachelreidy.blogspot.co.uk/
    R x

    ReplyDelete