Thursday 22 August 2013

My Birthday Lunch....

On August, 13th of this year, I turned 23...
 
And I had the best birthday ever! Just everything about that day was wonderful. Guy and I took the day off work and had a long lie. He gave me my presents (which will be mentioned in an upcoming post titled 'Birthday haul') then we got ready and headed out for lunch. We found this truly wonderful restaurant in the West End called Stravaigin, and it served some of the best food I have ever had! Here's some pics of my lovely lunch : )

 
Guy had the Thai mussels, they were absolutely gorgeous! They were served in a spicy Thai broth which was similar to tom yum soup!
 
 
I love lamb, but Guy hates it so I rarely get the chance to have it! So I got the lamb shoulder with apricots, mint hummus and pea shoots....lovely.

 
For our mains, I had the pork belly with sweet potatoes, greens and a jus.
 
 
Guy had the confit duck leg with smoked potato disks, greens and beetroot.

 
We rarely have desert when we are out cause we get sooo full! But this lemon and oatmeal ice cream sounded to goo to resist! We shared it and it was beautiful.

 
Me&him.
 
Have any of you been to any really good restaurants that you want to share? Lemme' know!
 
xoxo

 

No comments:

Post a Comment